Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys, here is a document lot with a Cholm shield paper of a SS soldier of Jadgkommando 8, please let me know what do you think.
              Attached Files

Comment

My first problem with this is that Jagdkommando 8 was a Heer unit.

Edit: ah I see what they've done. A bit of group boosting going on. He was Heer but was a Scharführer in the allgemeine SS . Fake IMO
                Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Has the certificate back a number and a signature ?

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
                    My first problem with this is that Jagdkommando 8 was a Heer unit.

Edit: ah I see what they've done. A bit of group boosting going on. He was Heer but was a Scharführer in the allgemeine SS . Fake IMO

Are you sure that certificate is 100% fake? A part from the rank do you have any doubts on it?

I've compared the signature of Scherer and it seems to correspond 101%.

As for SS rank and Heer unit, I've seen other documents of Heer with SS stamps. I've seen grouping of one soldier who during years passed from Heer to SS and also the contrary….

Comment

Originally posted by Mücke View Post
                      Has the certificate back a number and a signature ?

What do you mean? Number and signature on the back side?

Comment

IMO the Cholm shield urkunde seems to have all the characteristics of an official original example, The calligraphy style is in keeping with known originals as is the signature of Generalmajor Scherer! Not all documents were numbered to the reverse, I refer to the book by Stijn David!

Comment

The signature is not flowing. You can see stops and starts on the close-up.
                          Jeff

Comment

I believe the Urkunde is originale as I have luckely handled it.
                            And I think you create a point with ink on paper if dont write fluently.
                            By the way Jeff I give you 100 Dollars if you are able to replicate that signature in the sale way

Comment

As i mentioned earlier, Jagdkommando 8 (as with the other numbered jagdkommandos) was a Heer unit. One of the Germans first ski units to be created in early 1942, which recruited mostly from mountain units naturally enough.

The death notice makes it quite clear he was an Oberjäger in a GJ unit. That he was a party member and member of the allgemeine SS has nothing to do with his military service, nor does it have anything to do with the waffen SS.

compare it with other examples from the same unit we've seen on the forum before, for example
                              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=cholm
                              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X