Interesting tank & planes photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting tank & planes photos

I picked these photos from a vets estate. First one looks to be early or pre war planes. What are they?
    Attached Files

Plane in snow

This photo was from a series of photos the vet took on his way into Germany. Can anyone ID the plane in the snow in the distance? Looks Getman, not sure.
    Attached Files

Comment

Interesting tank photo

My guess this was taken by a German, maybe in early invasion of France? The vet had several wonderful German Luftwaffe high ranking officers photo albums and this may have been out of one of them. Sadly they disappeared. I did get to see them before he passed and one had a whole section of personal photos of distroyed French equipment.
      Attached Files

Comment

Photo of vet

Here is a photo of the vet. He must have had this photo taken in a private Germans home. The photos behind him show several German soldiers. They look like Luftwaffe. Interesting vase for the flowers. This could be the house where his prized photo album souvineers were found. He told me he and several others spent several days at a home in Germany and it was full of photos and they spent several days going through them all. The albums he found belonged to Luftwaffe General Otto Deßloch
        Attached Files

Comment

pre war planes, are Dornier Do 23

photo of vet took, is a me-262

Thanks for showing the photos.

Comment

The tank looks like a Char B1

Cheers Brad

Comment

I thought it looked like a ME262 also.

Originally posted by olle View Post
              pre war planes, are Dornier Do 23

photo of vet took, is a me-262

Thanks for showing the photos.

Comment

B1

The tank is a french B1, named "RHÔNE", destroyed at Beaumont. See http://www.chars-francais.net/2015/i...sk=view&id=367

Comment

The aircraft in the field looks like a P-51 to me. The vertical stab has a square look to it.

Last edited by mjfur; 06-16-2015, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Interesting image you posted of the P51, here is the same kind of artist rendering of a Me262a below the P51 image. What do you think? The cockpit cutout looks more like the 262 to me.

QUOTE=mjfur;6973125]The aircraft in the field looks like a P-51 to me. The vertical stab has a square look to it.

[/QUOTE]
                    Attached Files

Comment

109 or 190?

He is another photo the vet had, he is on the right. Is this a 109 or 190?
                      It looks like the photographer may have had his finger in front of the lens.
                      Attached Files

Comment

The last 'plane looks Italian to me, a FIAT G50 perhaps,
                        Kerry.

Comment

Originally posted by dan h View Post
                          Interesting image you posted of the P51, here is the same kind of artist rendering of a Me262a below the P51 image. What do you think? The cockpit cutout looks more like the 262 to me.

QUOTE=mjfur;6973125]The aircraft in the field looks like a P-51 to me. The vertical stab has a square look to it.

[/QUOTE]

Still looks like a P-51 to me. The top of the Me-262 vertical stab is more rounded, while the P-51 is more squared. In the original picture the vertical looks square.
                          Also in the original picture it looks like a radiator door and tail wheel/doors on the lower rear of the aircraft. More traits of a P-51.

Comment

The pic in #11 shows two Macchi C200, in the foreground, and one Macchi C202 in the background. I think that the Macchi in the middle belongs to the 384° Squadriglia - 157° Gruppo Autonomo. The location is in all probability Sicily 1943.

Best Regards,
                            Corrado

Comment

Originally posted by roncosano View Post
                              The pic in #11 shows two Macchi C200, in the foreground, and one Macchi C202 in the background. I think that the Macchi in the middle belongs to the 384° Squadriglia - 157° Gruppo Autonomo. The location is in all probability Sicily 1943.

Best Regards,
                              Corrado
                              It makes sense now about the Italian planes in #11 photo, the vet did tell me he was in "Italy" he gave me a German helmet with Africa/Italy tan paint.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X