X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signature Help Captain d.R. Mattern

Hi,

I posted this request in another thread on this forum:

I figured since many of the members who frequent this thread are familiar with the process of verifying and authenticating signatures that I might ask for your assistance.

The background goes something like this: I acquired a tunic some years ago with a Don Cossack patch and a name tag. I believed the signature on the tag was for a Captain d.R.Mattern one of the battalion commanders in the 1st Cossack Division. Unfortunately I had no way of verifying the signature. In the last week a fellow WAF member picked up a Soldbuch with several Mattern signatures. I did several comparisons of the signature on the clothing tag and Soldbuchs. I posted those shots on the following thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=266137&page=4

I would appreciate any assistance and comments.

Warm Regards Jim Pool

Here are the photos which eliminates the need to jump to another thread. The name tag and one of the Soldbuch entries.
    Attached Files

Comparison 1
    Attached Files

Comment

Comparison 2
      Attached Files

Comment

Last pic
        Attached Files

Comment

sig

The name in the tunic I read as Nette (?) and is in Suetterlin script. The info written on labels is most likely written by someone in the tailor's shop and not the person buying the tunic. That said the signatures on documents shown are written in Latin script and clearly different.

Comment

Thank you. The research continues. Early on someone mentioned that the name could be Natter. Its a very uncommon name so maybe someone with access to an officers rank list might check it out. Jim

Originally posted by pauke View Post
            The name in the tunic I read as Nette (?) and is in Suetterlin script. The info written on labels is most likely written by someone in the tailor's shop and not the person buying the tunic. That said the signatures on documents shown are written in Latin script and clearly different.
            Last edited by djpool; 06-07-2015, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X