Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some info on this LW soldier

Need some help on this picture.
    I guess he ( Stabsfeldwebel?) wears the WWI pilots badge and EKI but what is the arm patch? Looks like an anchor. Any help on rank, insignia and medals are more than welcome. This soldier was stationed near Schiphol airfield Holland.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Some sort of Luft. specialty patch ? Notice no breast eagle on tunic either. Tom

Comment

The Fliegerbluse is the first pattern which lacked external pockets and breast eagle. I believe the specialty patch is for motor vehicle drivers (an automobile radiator with a superimposed LW eagle).

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, so a driver for a high ranking officer could be possible?

Comment

A driver for sure but at that rank i would expect him to have some sort of command authority, for example in charge of a motor pool or a workshop.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks Simon!

Comment

Definitely a drivers patch on his sleeve. Also interesting that the badge he is wearing does appears to be a WW1 pilots badge.

Jeremy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X