Ahnenpass - anything special here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahnenpass - anything special here?

I have decided it may be time to part with some of my paperwork from the ungainly stack of stuff it has become. I'm trying to decide what to keep and what to let go (a hard decision for me). Along with things I am well familiar with, was this Ahnenpass of which I know little. Research has told me these were privately obtained rather than officially issued documents but many people wanted them as the lineage might prove to be Aryan and therefore allow for open doors regarding jobs, school applications, etc. making them a potential valuable document to own in the 3rd Reich. My questions are two fold, I don't see anything that makes this one particularly stand out from a crowd. The stamps are mostly from the Standesampt Hansestadt Hamburg - Safel. Interestingly it documents marriages going as far back as 1825. I would also like to know what a fair collector to collector value would be for this since I can't seem to find one for sale anywhere. Any answers you can provide would help me make a decision on should it stay or should it go. Thanks in advance.
    Richard V
    Attached Files

More pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Richard,

I'm not sure if I sell mine for too little, too much...or just right...but I normally sell them for $25-$35 each when they're nicely filled out like yours.

Best regards,
            John

Comment

Thanks John. I appreciate the information. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a piece of worthless junk and also didn't want to let go of something that might be hard to ever get back.
              Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X