Clear All

Dr. Mengele document for discussion

feel free to tell me what you think of this interesting document. Thank you
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I don't know his signature well but I am sorry to say that to me the "Mengele" shows hesitation in the formation of the letters. That would send me into skepticism and research mode big time, especially given the rarity and price of this signer. Often one only sees cut signatures of Mengele.

Colin

Comment

Joseph should be spelled Josef on the letter head.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
            Joseph should be spelled Josef on the letter head.
            I agree, Tom

Comment

Printed Joseph - writting Josef

Comment

I have copies of Mengele's entire SS-RuSHA file. In it are many examples of his handwriting and signatures. Not once in the numerous pages does he spell his first name with a 'ph' instead of a 'f'.
                Why, on a printed headed item of stationery, is there no address?
                Here are three examples of his authentic signature...judge for yourself.
                Max.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by max history; 05-24-2015, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Now here is yours.....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Strange how all three documents you have posted (Mengele, Himmler and Rommel) have similar printed numbers in the top right corners. I have accessed literally thousands of original documents at the Berlin Document Centre as it was, and nearly all that were numbered have handwritten numbers in coloured crayon, not printed. Printed numbers were more commonly found on Nuremberg exhibits. Also, there are no filing instructions written on any of your documents.
                      Max.

Comment

I forgot to mention.....his rank is incorrect. On 13th August 1940, Mengele was SS-Untersturmführer d. Res. Prior to that he was SS-Hauptscharführer d. Res. He was not plain SS-Hauptscharführer and would not have shown that as his rank.
                        Max.
                        Last edited by max history; 05-24-2015, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Furthermore, the letter writer asks for a reply to be sent to his service address, but fails to include it.
                          There are two identical ink stamped receipt boxes, but no action instructions. It is highly unlikely that a receipt stamp would have been stamped on the envelope.
                          I think you now have enough information to reach your own conclusions.

Comment

I don't think that the first example is even close to the real thing.

Comment

I've sold more Mengele material than anyone on earth...and IMO that's not Mengele but rather a shaky, poorly-drawn forgery. Where did you get it? PM me if you prefer...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X