Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a fake CCC document?

Hi,

I would like to hear your opinions about CCC document.
    I haven't seen such a stamp. I would appreciate any opinions.
    Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
    George

I can't see the pix...

Hank

EDIT: I see (by looking at source code) that these are linked from another forum, where it's probably required to be a member to see pix. Try copying & pasting the pix here, instead of the links....

EDIT #2: Logged in for the first time in eons there....here's one of the pix.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hank C.; 05-21-2015, 06:20 PM. Reason: more info
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

The unit history of 295.Inf.Div. shows that its members were applying for the CCC in mid-1943. Shown on page 1110 is the Antrag (application/request) of Uffz. Willi Lohmann, currently in 7./517, earlier 4./517, and the date of his application is 21 June 1943.

As former members of 6. Armee lost at Stalingrad, the CCC could only be awarded based on sworn declarations, from officers if possible. Each company created a list of close combat days, and then each applicant's service was measured against this.

Time-wise, the doc appears consistent with known facts, but I cannot vouch for the authenticity of the document. I'll see if I have a Gr.Rgt.517 stamp in a document in my collection.

Jason

Comment

I'd urge a healthy dose of caution on this

Compare the stamp to those seen in this thread

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=800101
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi,

Hank: Thanks for uploading, I'm an idiot.

Jason: I question the eagle on the stamp.

Regards,
          George

Comment

Well spotted Simon.

I've got one grouping (Wehrpass and Soldbuch) to a soldier in Gr.Rgt.517 and the stamp used on the CCC doc is not used in either book. All stamps in the Soldbuch read "Dienststelle Feldpostnummer" rather than "Gr.Rgt.517".

Jason

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your help!

Jason: "The Gren.Rgt. 517 was destroyed in Stalingrad January 1943.
              New setting March to July 1943 in Norway (Molde) and stand there for the hole war time.
              I dont think that "im Felde" is correct."

Last question: It can be said that this document is a fake?

Best regards,
              George

Comment

Im feld is in fact correct. Although the division wasn't in combat in Norway, it was still 'in the field'

Here's an example from my collection
                Attached Files
                Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X