Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-boat Clasp in Bronze Award Document

Hi all,

I'm in the opportunity to buy this document. I think it's a genuine document but before purchasing it I would like to have some opinions from the experts .

Many thanks!

-Remco

Führer der Unterseeboote Norwegen for tha date was Kapitän zur See Hans Rudolf Peters.

Comment

First of all many thanks for your quick reply!

I can't make out the name of Peters when looking to the signature. So the document is a fake?

-Remco

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
      Führer der Unterseeboote Norwegen for tha date was Kapitän zur See Hans Rudolf Peters.

Comment

Originally posted by remcovanurk View Post
        So the document is a fake?
        Hi Remco,

Yes, the document is a fake.

Kapitän zur See Hans Rudolf Peters' signature should look like this:

Best regards,
        Tom
        Attached Files
        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Rolf W HELLER is not on the crew listing of the Deutsch Marine archivs...

Comment

It is actually the signature of Victor Schutze who at this time was the Fuhrer der Unterseeboote-Ausbildung. The signature looks good and possibly Schutze was covering for Peters while he was away. The fact that Heller isn't on the crew lists doesn't bother me as the lists are continually being updated.

Hope this helps.
            Richard

Comment

The award wasn't even instituted until 15 May 1944 and if someone was standing in for Peters, that should be reflected with i.V. (in vertretung) or perhaps i.A (im auftrag)
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Sorry Simon. I missed the date I was so zeroed in on the signature. Any way, in that case, it's a very good Schutze fake signature.

I have however seen documents, particularly when one commanders is being replaced by another where sometimes the actual transfer of the people hasn't taken place on the effective date and the original commander remains in place for a short period without the usual i.V. Of course this is not the case here.

I am humbled and aghast that I missed the date on the document. 8^(

Richard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X