Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Leistungsrune Award

Hei Guys !
    I post some scans from Norwegian NS officail News Paper " Fritt Folk " about the award seremony of the SS-Leistungsrune at Kongsvinger 16.08.1944 , this article was in "Fritt Folk" 19.08.1944 .
    New Paper is in my Collection .
    Headline is : The German SS - Leistunsrune awarded for first time in Norway .
    In Article : SS-Reichfuhrer ( Himmler ) had more imported thing to do , and SS-Obergruppenfuhrer Rediess was the award leader , SS-Sturmbahnfuhrer Leib was also at the award , and minister Riisnæs ( NS Norway ) .
    25 member of "Germanske SS Norge" awarded the SS-Lesitungsrune , 15 in Bronze and 10 in Silver .

Jan Arne
    Last edited by Jan Arne S; 01-02-2005, 01:59 PM.

part 2 of article .

Jan Arne
    Attached Files

Comment

part 3 of article .

Germanske Dugleiks Rune = SS Leistungsrune .

Jan Arne
      Attached Files

Comment

I love these period newspaper articles as a good proof! Thank you for sharing Jan Arne!

Comment

beautiful picture of a zinc award

Comment

Anthony.

See the differences between that one and the one on your avatar? As discussed in the earlier thread. Here's proof positive of an original, photographed at the time.

Comment

yes but if you noticed i said nice zinc, from what i gather there was a silver plated and a silver-washed zinc (and the bronze should be the exzactly like the ones that are like the one in the picture)

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Evans
                yes but if you noticed i said nice zinc, from what i gather there was a silver plated and a silver-washed zinc (and the bronze should be the exzactly like the ones that are like the one in the picture)
                Anthony.
                They were all zinc.
                Any of these things in brass, plated brass, bronze, plated bronze, nickel silver or hallmarked silver are the stuff of fantasy.
                And before the Gahr one gets mentioned - I don't believe in that either.

Comment

so that would mean there was one manufacturer of the badge, and i really doubt that, even if there was manufactur there could be different versions in the closeing days of the war

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Evans
                    so that would mean there was one manufacturer of the badge, and i really doubt that, even if there was manufactur there could be different versions in the closeing days of the war
                    Who said anything about only one manufacturer??

Comment

Well unless all the manufacturers used the same die and same material there would have to be different varations of the badge.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X