Stempel - stamper asisistance please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stempel - stamper asisistance please

Hello, I recently aquired this stamper and its never been in a collection. Here are pics and if anyone can identfy its meaning it would be much appreciated. Best. Mobi

http://dropmocks.com/mIqFMR

?

Comment

I read " Ev. Standortpfarrer in Wittlich "

Ev. - Evangelischer

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...Wittlich-R.htm

Gerdan

Comment

Hi Gerdan, is it the stamp of the military pastor? Regards. Mobi

Comment

So it is, the evangelical military pastor of Wittlich.

Gerdan

Comment

Wittlich has a great Festival every year, the Saubrennerkirmes. Americans call it "The Pig Fest". I believe it's in September....pigs are driven through the town, then slaughtered and roasted over coals in the town square. Then the meat is cut into smaller portions, and boiled for some time. At the end each piece is sliced, and put onto a brotchen. Yummy.

Local lore has it the town was besieged in the middle ages. Somehow, a carrot was chosen to secure the city gate (God only knows why). When a pig ate the carrot, the city gate was breached & the town sacked. So the pigs were slaughtered and eaten as their just due.

Probably not true - but a good excuse to eat good pork, drink beer, and have a festival.

Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X