signature and doc question!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

signature and doc question!!!

iv these 2 doc for about 5 years but what iv always wanted to know is are the signtures on them the stamped ones or real signtures?? also on both docs its signed by the same guy but i dont know who it is! and the signture has changed on the secand doc!!!! any help would be great!! thanks guys!!
    Attached Files

close up of the 1st signature!
    Attached Files

Comment

and the secand doc! the 1st signture is hitler but the secand one again i dont know who he is!
      Attached Files

Comment

and last but not least close up of the signtures!any help would be great thanks!
        Attached Files

Comment

sigantures look stamped to me imho.

cheers and another thanks

gilles

Comment

Dr. Otto Meissner, head of the Reich chancellery. You'll be able to tell better than us if the sigs are facsimile or not.
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

cheers guys!! whats the best way to look at a signture to see if its stamped?

Comment

Stamped vs Ink Signatures

There are several things to look for in trying to decide if a signature has been stamped or ink signed. First, fountain pen ink was usually black or very dark blue. Stamp pads usually used blue ink and it was a slightly lighter color blue. Black ink would be a good first start that it is ink signed rather than stamped. Look carefully at the signature. Fountain pens left a smooth stream of ink on the paper. Rubber stamps are subject to wear, especially on the high points, and it will show up tiny breaks (speckles or cracks in the lines) in the ink of the letters. Also, the crispness of a rubber stamps blurrs over time due to wear. Look for a fuzzy or blurred outline to the letters. Fountain pens tend to leave crisp letters unless the paper is of poor quality and then it bleeds like crazy which is something else to look for. Rubber stamps do not bleed into poor quality paper. Hope this helps.

Comment

Also writing with pens tend to leave grit marks on the paper something that rubber stamps don't. I find this fact as a very useful to distinguish between handwritten & stamped signatures.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X