Speer letterhead-embossed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speer letterhead-embossed

My sense is that this stationary is period, but i'd be thankful for comments in any case.
    Attached Files

Last by the way sheet is 8 1/4 x 11 1/2
    Attached Files

Comment

58 views not a single opinion?? little help here please folks....

Comment

I would say it is an original Letterhead...too much detail for it not to be.

Comment

thanks PW! my thoughts exactly. i was a bit concerned coz there's so much 'personality item' crap around...

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
          I would say it is an original Letterhead...too much detail for it not to be.

Comment

Playing the devil's advocate, the paper appears rather crude for stationary of a high official, unless it was used for something else.
            Jeff

Comment

thanks. well it isn't fine watermarked onionskin that's for sure (and no watermark) and it's slightly heavier bond than typing paper. that said making a printer's cliche or templates is VERY expensive; if fake I'd have expected to see more than this single 'speer' example thru the decades. maybe this was on cheap paper b/c it's from samples presented to speer or his office manager, then rejected in favor of something else? any more thoughts out there, people?

Comment

Originally posted by inimicus View Post
                maybe this was on cheap paper b/c it's from samples presented to speer or his office manager, then rejected in favor of something else? any more thoughts out there, people?
                I don't know if that's an original letterhead but this argument sounds very much like justifying the odd (always dangerous as there is always a reason to justify any negative evidence...).

Even for sample, I hardly imagine that an office manager would use crude paper to be presented to a Reichsminister...

Best,

Max

Comment

thanks! so, one vote for fake; any others? I do wonder if it's bad why we dont see these things pop up from time to time. again, embossing tools dont come cheap and are lots more expensive than nice paper. so....?

Originally posted by Maxoumilitaria View Post
                  I don't know if that's an original letterhead but this argument sounds very much like justifying the odd (always dangerous as there is always a reason to justify any negative evidence...).

Even for sample, I hardly imagine that an office manager would use crude paper to be presented to a Reichsminister...

Best,

Max

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X