AH Signed Postcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AH Signed Postcard

I would like to see what you think of this pencil signed postcard. It came from a family in Berchtesgaden who attended the 1937 rally. They also gave me a map of the rally grounds and other items, etc from the rally.
    Thanks

Wait for others to offer their thoughts but for me, initially, I am not too keen on this example. By 1937, Hitler's signature had already changed from the earlier pattern - which this resembles more so than the 1937-38 era examples. The crossing bar of the "H" was already higher, a feature this example does not share. Another concern I have with this piece is the card appears to be quite grubby - or is that the plastic sleeve it is kept in..? If it is the card, one would not expect such a clear pencil signature present, without any smudges or fading.

Regards,

Carl

Comment

There appears to be some toning or aging of the image, but the card itself is in exc condition. It is in a plastic holder as well. The backside is very clean and shows little or no soiling. There is also slight bleed-through from the stamp.
      c
      Last edited by cerick1450; 03-28-2015, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Yeah, my initial thought before I heard the story behind it, was that it was no good. But with the story, who knows. Could be real and just a variation. Could be someone made up a story and forged a signature.

The problem is, Hitler is one of the most forged out there. Especially with signed photos. He just didn't sign that many photos and its easy to forge. I'd say a good 95% of them are junk. So one must view every Hitler signed photo with a lot of skepticism.

Comment

I have had this autograph for a number of years. I have it and the other items all stored away, but was able to find a photo of one of the Rally maps that came with the postcard. It is from the 1936 Rally. From what I was told, the family attended a number if not all the party rally's in the 1930's. They owned a business that worked closely with the party in Munich from the early years. It was my understanding that they had access to many of the top officials of the party.

Comment

Originally posted by kahle33 View Post
            Yeah, my initial thought before I heard the story behind it, was that it was no good. But with the story, who knows. Could be real and just a variation. Could be someone made up a story and forged a signature.

The problem is, Hitler is one of the most forged out there. Especially with signed photos. He just didn't sign that many photos and its easy to forge. I'd say a good 95% of them are junk. So one must view every Hitler signed photo with a lot of skepticism.
            I agree .......It's a hard play to call ???? Tom

Comment

The AH signature looks very good to me, consistent with known examples. If you sign your own name it's NEVER exactly the same, it has consistent traits but no two can ever be exactly the same.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
              <o></o>

Comment

thanks for the feedback.

C

Comment

If you ask me, the map is the only thing interesting and of value.
                  Max.

Comment

I agree with Max !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X