Poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poster

Can anybody tell if this poster is original from this one lousy picture? If so, what would it be worth ?
    Attached Files

At least looks not like one of those fakes from the 70s, those were made from an original poster, showing the folds and missing pieces of the original (mainly in the area of the soldiers right bare arm) in the reprint.

So it has a chance, also the paper looks good. Those sell for 500 to 800 EUR

Comment

Hi,

i don't like the faded away colors...
      I advice you to have this poster UV tested.
      You can also check the size, original size is 59 x 42 cm.

Original for sale, lot 6063, HH 70, May 11, 2015.
      Courtesy of Hermann Historica.

See You

Vince

Comment

I was about to say that there was one sold by HH in 2006 and it went for 650 euro.

Its all about condition when you are talking about price..!

If this has been mounted to board or had glue/tape etc... applied then the value should drop accordingly.

Comment

I agree with Vince, the colours seem kind of suspicious.
          I am however almost certain that this also was printed in the approximate measures of 80 cm. x 60 cm. which was a size very often used by the Germans during WW2. A problem with that is that the modern-day fakes often are printed in around those sizes. Better pictures with details of the poster will probably tell if this is real one or not.

Comment

The colours do look very washed out, although that could be attributed to being exposed to sunlight / UV over time as I have seen it on several originals.

Far better pictures and close-ups are required as it is not one you would
            want to take a risk on based on that picture alone.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X