X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 document request for help

Hí Guys
    I found this the dokument
    I would like ask that this is the document good or not ,if good then what is the value ?

thank for all response and help
    Attached Files

IMO it's an original doc. however the fact it has had the swas defaced really hurts the value. IMO about $50.00 Tom

Comment

Hí ,Thanks Tom to your very fast help and opinion

Comment

Nice signature of General der Artillerie Wilhelm Stemmerman, awarded the Knights Cross and Oakleaves;

http://www.das-ritterkreuz.de/index_...ord=Stemmerman

Regards Richard.
        Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

That's a nice EK1 document for the drive on Moscow. The recipient likely won his EK2 earlier in the Soviet campaign or in the West the previous summer. The signature of Stemmermann is a bonus given his role (and death) in the push out of the Cherkassy pocket in winter of 1944. Tom is right in that the defacing of the doc can have an effect on the value but these are just pieces of tissues paced over the swastikas for the photo - something that is common in German listings (like M321). It's all intact.

A good document for any Iron Cross collection!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
            IMO it's an original doc. however the fact it has had the swas defaced really hurts the value. IMO about $50.00 Tom
            It looks to me like there's 2 little bits of toilet paper over the swastika's. I don't think that's going to hurt value much....unless there's poop on them.

best
            Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X