Document signed by AH and Konstantin von Neurath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Document signed by AH and Konstantin von Neurath

I recently acquired this letter from a antique dealer in South America and would appreciate any thoughts on the document signatures; fake or legit? Its' signed by Hitler & Konstantin von Neurath (Foreign Minister of Germany). I understand it's a letter written to the President of Costa Rica confirming the dismissal of German ambassador Kuhlmann and the appointment of Dr. Erich Kraske as the new ambassador to Costa Rica. I've researched the dates and they appear to lineup but I can't confirm the type of pen used in the signature/s.

A lovely Hitler / von Neurath document. What a pity the crease runs through the Hitler signature as it reduces the value considerably.
    Max.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
      A lovely Hitler / von Neurath document. What a pity the crease runs through the Hitler signature as it reduces the value considerably.
      Max.
      Yes, I agree ! Still all in all a very rare document. Tom

Comment

An attractive document, unusual no doubt. The Hitler signature is a patent match for the 1934 pattern. As said earlier, a shame about the crease but still a fine item.

Comment

I'm sorry, but these diplomatic documents are not rare. Although not as common as the frequently seen promotion citations, they do come up in auction from time to time, notably in German auction houses. Several similar documents have passed through my hands, one quite recently.
          Max.

Comment

I'm sorry, but these diplomatic documents are not rare. Although not as common as the frequently seen promotion citations, they do come up in auction from time to time, notably in German auction houses. Several similar documents have passed through my hands, one quite recently.
            Max.
            Thank you Max. Would you consider it usual to have the two signatures present though? I would have thought that made it unusual, rather than the fact the piece is, as you say, a rather common diplomatic related document.

Regards,

Carl

Comment

Yes, it would be more uncommon for one signature to be missing. These documents are basically diplomatic appointments made by the Foreign Minister and ratified by the Chancellor. Much the same as military promotion documents.
              Max.

Comment

Yes, it would be more uncommon for one signature to be missing. These documents are basically diplomatic appointments made by the Foreign Minister and ratified by the Chancellor. Much the same as military promotion documents.
                Max.
                Thanks again Max. Your insight is appreciated, as ever.

Regards,

Carl

Comment

Appreciate the feedback on this document. I got it without a COA but I've heard that COA's aren't worth the paper they're printed on; is there any way to tell if its' a legitimate document, and what type of pen was used in the signature/s, and your reasons why. Has anyone got any idea what it's worth. Thanks again

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X