EK1 certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 certificate

hey Guys. this is Glenn. I purchased this EK1 certificate over a decade ago from "great war militaria". as can be seen, it is unissued. I bought it as original and although I am not familiar with Third Reich paper it looks the part to me. it is slightly yellowed and is made of a heavier paper with faint ridges running vertically thru-out the whole piece. can anyone out there give me a good opinion on its originality? also maybe what is is worth in a ball park figure. I dont even remember what I got it for. any information would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Glenn
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

could you get some scans? scans would be better so i could see for its printing method used for originality. i will send some pictures of a ek2 class documents soon. cheers Jon,

Comment

unfortunatly I dont have a scanner. would the actual lengh and width help you out? or some other way of describing something. Glenn

Comment

maybe a close-up of the lettering or ridges?

Comment

Hi Glenn

Very difficult to determine originality on something like this. The style is that of one of the EK1 doc variants but that's no indication of originality. The paper might be a better clue. I have one EK1 doc in this style but the paper is not lined at all. In fact i'm not sure at all whether these 'standard' pattern docs ever did appear on lined paper but i can't rule that out myself as there were so many styles printed by many printers.

As for value, perhaps somewhere between $30-$50 if it's right.

regards

Simon
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X