Strange Wound badge doc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Wound badge doc.

I think this is pretty strange for a wound badge document,It says it's for Heer but this guy is a teacher or professor,At first I thought he might have been working for the army and maybe was wounded in a bombing raid but then I looked at the date,could this possibly be related to the Legion Kondor?Im sure one of you guys will know the answer

Eric
    Attached Files

sorry about the terrible picture.
    The date is 18 June 1936

Eric

Comment

Hi Eric,

this is a award document - or better a confirmation - for a wound badge of WW1. There was one for Heer (the one with the helmet) and one for Navy (the one with the anchor). Teacher is the current civil Job of this man in 1936.

Best wishes
      Joerg

Comment

Well I guess it took him awhile to get this Doc. if he got the WB in WW1 I guess better late than never.Thanks for the help.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Eric K.
          I guess it took him awhile to get this Doc. if he got the WB in WW1 I guess better late than never.
          Eric
          Well...not quite. This document states that this guy is authorized to wear WWI black WB, RECEIVED DURING THE WWI. 1936 is a date of this document, not the date when he obtained the WB.
          Nevertheless it's nice and interesting document!

DECIMA!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X