Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 Docs Panzer-Lehr/116. "Windhund"

hey collectors!

i was lucky enough to add these two ek2-documents to my collection recently.

- ek2 panzer-lehr-regiment 130, panzer-lehr-division dated august 8th 1944 (normandy)
    - ek2 panzer-aufklärungsabteilung 116, 116. panzer-division "windhund", dated decembre 4th 1944 (hurtgenforest/aachen-area!)

unfortunately the ek2 116. panzer is in bad condition as you can see, but as this unit is hard to find and the price was okay in relation to condition i had to buy it...

opinions welcome!

matthias
    Attached Files

To bad about that EK2 doc. The other is very nice however ! Tom

Comment

Nice docs, Matthias. I wouldn't be so worried about the condition of the Windhund citation. Definitely a desirable one for a collection, no matter the condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R View Post
        Nice docs, Matthias. I wouldn't be so worried about the condition of the Windhund citation. Definitely a desirable one for a collection, no matter the condition.

thanks brian, that's what I thought as well!

I've been collecting western front citations for a couple of years now and this was the first document of 116th panzer-division which is dated past June 1944 that crossed my way, I just had to buy it despite the condition... actually it's my first hurtgenforest citation which is kind of exciting as I am living in this area.

btw, do you (or anyone else) know why the writing (especially headline/"Im Namen des Führers...") has stained at the bottom of the panzer-lehr-document? the ink must have still been wet, but I doubt it has been folded straight after it was printed?
        it actually doesn't seem to be uncommon, I have a couple of citations with similar stains...

regards

Comment

If it was folded, and kept in a Soldbuch for instance, the ink would eventually transfer (wet or not).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X