Funny fakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny fakes

Sorry if this topic has been done. This has to be one of my favorite fakes.

Signed By Hitler $1200. I am sure you can guess where.

Anyone have any good ones?

$1200 would be a steal for that one!!

Comment

Thank you...my laugh of the day LOL !

Comment

Comment

hmm not on Snyders is it??

Comment

;-)

Yes, Mr. Snyder is selling it.

Comment

sorry for my lack of knowledge, but can you please tell me how do you know its fake?

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael1 View Post
                sorry for my lack of knowledge, but can you please tell me how do you know its fake?
                Well first off, Snyder's treasures is full of fakes. Avoid it. The stuff that is real, is overpriced and he can't be trusted.

Beyond that, the signature is so bad its comical. For real examples go to Alexander Auctions, click on their archives and search for Adolf Hitler. Study them. It won't take long to see just how bad this example is. Some are very difficult. Also get Charles Hamilton's book for an extensive study on Hitler's signature. Even if you have no knowledge of Hitler's signature, it should be fairly obvious that it was done slowly, the paper looks new.

Finally, Der Reichwehrminister is never a title at the bottom of Hitler's documents. I don't even think Hitler went by that title. In fact (and correct me if I am wrong) I think Hitler actually abolished it.

Comment

I do not even think ' Reichwehrminister' was ever a position?

What is also obvious it the font. It just doesn't look like a period german font the hits are all even so that leads me to think modern electric type-writer.

Also you would expect something coming across der fuhrer's desk would of been done by some-one who could get the shift to work correctly.

Comment

thank you kahle33

Comment

Hahahahaha...I love it
                      Looks like he took a lot of break time in between while signing that piece of paper

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X