BD Publishing

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some opinions on the Mothers Cross Bronze Medal document.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some opinions on the Mothers Cross Bronze Medal document.

The title says it all. I'm a bit skeptical after doing some research on this. This is my first award document and I got it in a trade. Here are my concerns after doing some research:
    A: I haven't seen any other eagles at the top of the page on any other documents
    B: There is no date after Berlin, all others seemed to have had dates.
    C: The eagle at the top, and embossed eagle, are looking in different directions
    D: Why would a name (Elsa Herold) be typed but yet there is no date!?
    E: The name is typed and I would assume there would be some type of imprinted (almost embossed I guess) mark from the type writer... there is nothing.

I'm all ears on this one and I hope it's real, but everything in my gut is telling me it's not. I got it in a trade and didn't really think about it until tonight so if I got burned, it's life. I still made out on the trade so it's not like I was burned for a lot. I appreciate the input fellas.
    Attached Files

Looks fine to me to be honest, the eagle type was i believe a variant used later on.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Your picture is not the best, but I don't see a problem here. Date should be there, but was forgotten sometimes.

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X