Location ID Assistance....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location ID Assistance....

Can anyone make a postive ID on this location ???
    Attached Files

Btt

Comment

Can't help with the location but I would suspect Dunkirk or Channel Islands?.....trying to identify the aircraft....Fairy Battle?

Also the photo is the wrong way round.......

/Ian
      Attached Files
      Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

First of all, the photo is not the wrong way round. Look at the breast eagle on the German's tunic, it's correct. IMO it's Dunkirk Tom

Comment

Are you sure Tom? Germans wear their breast eagle on the left side of their tunic. In the first picture the soldier has the breast eagle on the right. Wearing it on the right side is almost as rare as seeing white panzer pants.

Comment

"Germans wear their breast eagle on the left side of their tunic"

Are you sure ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
              First of all, the photo is not the wrong way round. Look at the breast eagle on the German's tunic, it's correct.
              And when did they start doing that?????

First photo, the eagle is on the left side which is incorrect, so I reversed the photo and enlarged it.....so it is correct!

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Originally posted by cesky67 View Post
                "Germans wear their breast eagle on the left side of their tunic"

Are you sure ?
                Depends on how you look to the tunic. From viewer piont of view or wearer point of view. In my case from vieuwer point of view and not from wearer point of view. As has been said the first picture is mirrored perhaps that is more understandable
                Last edited by Erwin L; 02-27-2015, 05:04 AM.

Comment

I would say 'Fairy Battle' as well

Comment

I meant the "viewers" left/ the photo you show has not been reversed. Geeez

Comment

Last edited by Ian Jewison; 02-27-2015, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Indeed, finding a period original 'rightie' tunic would be as rare as finding a very nice Tiger 510 grouping buried in the White Cliffs of Dover

ANYway, can anyone make a positive ID on the location ???

"Hundepantsstaffel"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X