Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sepp Dietrich Signature Opinions

Hello All,

I am interested in opinions on the Sepp Dietrich signatures on this postwar Christmas card that I acquired in Germany over 20 years ago. I looked at a few other posts online and his signature looks different from the war years from what I can tell. I am not a dedicated document collector, but I always held onto this and am curious if it is authentic or not.

Thank you all for looking!

G

I don't know if they could be post war, but both are not wartime.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
    - THE SS TK RING
    - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
    - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
    - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Antonio Scapini View Post
      I don't know if they could be post war, but both are not wartime.
      Glen did point out in his post that it's post-war.
      Max.

Comment

I guess the jury is still out on these signatures and their authenticity. Not as much interest as I was hoping there would be.

A question regarding document storage. How should photos and documents be stored to prevent damage? I don't remember this card having the brown spots on it when I first got it so long ago.

G

Comment

The brown speckling on aged paper is caused by humidity. It is known as "foxing" and is common where a damp atmosphere attacks the paper. Paper should be kept in acid free plastic sleeves (or something similar) in a dry atmosphere. However, if too dry the paper can also dry out and break down. Avoid storage areas prone to condensation. Normal comfortable room temperature is okay, but if you are worried about any suggestion of condensation, a cheap de-humidifier would do the job. Avoid drying clothing or towels on radiators in the same room. Acid free storage is essential as the acid contained in some plastic sleeves will react with the paper and can lift the print off the page.
          Hope this is of use.
          Regards,
          Max.

Comment

Max,

Thank you for the info on the acid free plastic sleeves. This card not currently stored in a damp area, at one time it must have been in a slightly damp environment when I lived at a different place.

Will have to look for some of these sleeves for some other documents/photos I have.

Glen

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X