• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schmidtkevin View Post
    As I said, we could agree to disagree.

Comment

ok

Sure, Kevin, if you enjoy collecting fakes I am happy for you. Still no attempt to support your opinion?

Comment

Not gonna waste my time as it certainly isn't going to change your opinion. But you know what they say about opinions.

Comment

I hate to say it, but I would stay away from it too. The fake factory sigs all have the same hallmarks, usually blank cards, similar blue ink and similar handwriting. They have more in common with each other than with original pieces. Original signatures, even clipped/blank cards, usually have serious differences. They're not all so similar like the factory stuff Jeremy has presented. The factory stuff is pretty much all the same, and most of it traceable to one source. Prien also had a fairly simple signature, which makes it easier to forge. The examples given still differ from his handwriting, such as the overlap of the pen strokes and the sharpness. Hope that helps.

Comment

excuse

Not a waste of time, Kevin. I am open to anything you have used in your 'research' that supports your view rather than you hiding behind the 'it's a waste of time' excuse... we both might learn something.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtkevin View Post
              Not gonna waste my time as it certainly isn't going to change your opinion. But you know what they say about opinions.
              Kevin,
              You were quite happy for other people to "waste their time" explaining the reasons for their opinions, but it appears you are not willing to repay the compliment. Please at least have the courtesy to explain where you carried out your research and upon which you based your own conclusion. After all, isn't that the whole reason for this forum, to share information? It shouldn't be one sided. Maybe you have information from which others can learn?
              Regards,
              Max.

Comment

Is Stefan Körlin still a member here and if so why?

Comment

I'm not hiding. I just don't feel that any further discussion will yield any different results. Part of discussion forums is sharing information, another part is also knowing when it's no longer relevant.

I looked at the threads on the forums here and came to my conclusions, simple as that.

Comment

You haven't shared any information, Kevin. You missed that part of being on this discussion forum. And I guess you are right. Knowing you have nothing to offer which would make the discussion relevant any further makes it quite right to end it. Good luck with your collecting...

Comment

Thanks. You too!

Comment

ff

This 'Prien' is a classic fake factory signature. It bears all the hallmarks for helping determine fake factory - note the features of the ink besides the nature of the signature.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                        X