opinions on these Post Cards needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opinions on these Post Cards needed

Picked these up awhile back. I did a few searches and found some information but would like an expert to review.

Any help would be great

Thanks
    Attached Files

2nd card
    Attached Files

Comment

Both cards are postwar reprints.

Cheers,

Ramon

Comment

Thanks Ramon.

They pass florescence tests and certainly have that "feel" to them when compared to older post war postcards.

Respectfully, what makes them bad in your opinion. You can PM me if you don't want to post it.

Thanks again I appreciate your expertise

Comment

The high contrast bold printing on the reverse of the card is the big give away.

Having had thousands of Hoffmann cards pass through my hands over the years gives me certain knowledge of good vs. bad cards.

The printing on original cards is much less 'bold' than what we see in your examples. While the one card has a serial number, most of the bad cards do not have serial numbers printed on the reverse side. Th fact that the one card you show has a serial number is an example of the fraudster trying to upgrade their product.

Cheers,

Ramon

Comment

Thank you Ramon. That is what I am looking for. I rarely see post cards these days. I will post these for sale in the reproduction sales table.
            Thanks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X