• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe on this foto a KZ camp guard ???
    Attached Files

Comment

Regarding post #30.

Well, elements of the Totenkopfverbande went on to become the nucleus of the Nord division.

The 7th standarte (which wasn't part of the Brandenburg standarte ) was posted to Norway and became part of the Nord division.

It is entirely possible he was transferred for having certain skills or making the numbers up (I presume?).

So this would be why he is wearing a TK skull tab and then SS runes.
      Last edited by chrischa; 01-10-2015, 10:07 AM. Reason: Added: Regarding post #30

Comment

Originally posted by Oberdonau View Post
        Maybe on this foto a KZ camp guard ???
        I instantly thought no and was about to comment that people think any photo with an SS man infront of a fence think its a KZ. But, it really does!

I would post a link to this thread in the Tony Barto SS section. There are some people there with amazing knowledge on the subject of the Totenkopfverbande.

Comment

At size shown not possible for me to see officers for ID, 1 image has a sign for 7./7.SS-Totenkopfstandarte whose commander (II.Sturmbann) I'd recognize in the 1940 images as he is in my upcoming volume I of "Totenkopf."

There was a lot of movement between Waffen-SS field units and numbered Totenkopfstandarten, as one member mentioned most of the 7th was assimilated into what eventually became the 6.SS-Gebirgs Division "Nord" that began as a Kampfgruppe. Some officers of the "Totenkopf" division moved to the 7.SS-Totenkopfstandarte and the SS-Totenkopf-Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon I
          in the late 1940/early 1941 "restructuring" of command personnel of the division.

Referring again to the photo with the unit on a board (7./7), the commander of the 7./7.SS-Totenkopfstandarte (7.Sturm) in the autumn of 1940 and into 1941 in Norway was Hauptsturmführer Kurt Grabow.

Best,
          Mark C. Yerger

Comment

Hello Mark,

thank you for the informations.

I will meet the owner again and will take a look at the back of some pictures. Maybe I will get more information.

Kind regards
            oberdonau

Comment

I was able to take a closer look to the Album around 5 month ago and all I can say is that the Album and the pictures are original BUT a lot (!) of pictures that are absolutely not related to the Album have been added to the Album since I had it in my hands...

Steyrer

Comment

Hello Steyrer,

thank you a lot for this additonal informations!

Kind regards
                Oberdonau

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X