Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POW newspaper "The Camp"

Hi Guys.

I got some german document yesterday and in this there was a german newspaper printed in Berlin in 1943 for their POW camps named "The Camp".

It is the first time I have seen one of these - are they rare or common? and what would be the value more or less???

Thanks for looking and best regards
    Stengaard
    Attached Files

Well according to a pasted POW friend of mine these there much in demand in POW camps not to read but as TP. 'You just needed to roll it in you had a bit and it was nice a soft.'

Germans though it was great their propaganda was popular and having an effect, but not for the reason they though.

Comment

A friend of mine had a complete print run from No 1 to 1944/45,the ex POW had kept them and brought them home,I only have a couple of photo copied front covers as I borrowed them for when my re-enactment group provided 'guards' at the POW association reunions (one was at a holiday camp) and I handed them out to the veterans.The collection has been long sold now,I wish I could of afforded to buy the collection at the time.John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X