KC Prelininary Document Otto Deßloch w/photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank buster cannon

What is the weapon? It has to be deadly.
    Attached Files

Comment

Planes in flight

Two Stukas and a FW190 I presume.
      Attached Files

Comment

Group photos

Know anyone?
        Attached Files

Comment

Pilot

Since I copied these photos years ago, I may have a lot out of time order.
          Attached Files

Comment

More KC winners photos to follow

KC winner Henze
            Attached Files

Comment

Another KC winner

It should not be too hard to find out who some are now that we know who they served under.
              Attached Files

Comment

Yet another KC winner

This is a rather sad looking fellow.
                Attached Files

Comment

Last photo

This is all for now. I may have some more stored away I never scanned, but these were the most interesting to me at the time.
                  I am not sure if this was in his albums or not. The vet also had a professionally produced hard bound German wartime unit history but I don't remember what it wa, this photo may be from that book.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Some great images shown. The aircraft weapon you see in a photo above is fitted to the Henschel Hs-129 tank buster. The same image can be seen at this link, just above half way down the page...
                    http://segundaguerramundial.forograt...ger-t4990.html

The signature on the Prelim RK citation is that of Gustav Kastner-Kirdorf (DKiS).

Comment

Originally posted by dan h View Post
                      I would think this was not an actual signature.
                      Of course it isn't, it's a telegram.
                      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by dan h View Post
                        This is all for now. I may have some more stored away I never scanned, but these were the most interesting to me at the time.
                        I am not sure if this was in his albums or not. The vet also had a professionally produced hard bound German wartime unit history but I don't remember what it wa, this photo may be from that book.
                        This is also a luftwaffe photo as you can see by the MG15 being used in the ground role
                        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thank goodness you had the presence of mind to take at least some photos!

Sounds like his home was looted, he lived in an area occupied by the Americans, makes you wonder what happened to his other more valuable documents like his oakleaves doc and promotion to generaloberst, along with i guess a whole bunch of other stuff that would have been signed by Hitler and Göring. What a shame it seems no one who really knew what he had could tell him before it was too late, had the grouping survived, it would be worth quite a bit of money.

By the sound of it, you haven't done too much digging around to find out more on Dessloch, but there's plenty out there on the internet so here's a few links.

http://ww2gravestone.com/general/dessloch-otto

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_De%C3%9Floch

http://www.geocities.ws/orion47.geo/...LOCH_OTTO.html
                          Attached Files

Comment

Generaloberst Otto Dessloch (left) und General der Flieger Hans Seidemann (right)

Comment

Hungarian officer (left), General der Flieger Kuno-Heribert Fütterer (middle) und General der Flieger Hans Seidemann (right)

Comment

Hans Seidemann again!

By the way, wonderful post!!!

Cheers,

Jaime.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X