Battle of the Bulge - 70 Years Ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battle of the Bulge - 70 Years Ago

Following the lead of the US Forum, let's see your Ardennes Offensive / Battle of the Bulge related paper items!

I'll start off with this PAB in Silver award certificate, along with the record that was kept of the soldier's tank assault days. The PAB Besitzzeugnis is signed by Heinz von Westernhagen, SS-Obersturmbannführer and commander of s. SS-Pz.Abt. 501, the Tiger battalion attached to Kampfgrupper Peiper. Note the earlier stamp from when the unit had been s. SS-Pz.Abt. 101 until the fall of 1944.

The listing of engagement days is signed by Jürgen Wessel, SS-Obersturmführer and commander of the 1. Kompanie, s. SS-Pz.Abt. 501. SS-Uscha Fritz Belbe was the radio operator on Wessel's tank. The dates in August and September were battles in Normandy in which the 1. Kompanie was engaged; the other dates are during the Ardennes Offensive.

Best,
    Greg
    Attached Files
    sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
    www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Thank you Greg!
    The Battle of the Bulge/Wach am Rhein theme one of my favourite
    Next year I want to go to this area.
    The award doc very interesting to me, good to see the "einsatztage" of the recipient
    And today very rare SS award doc-sSSPzAbt 501-super one.

Comment

Grenadier-Regiment (mot) 8 was committed to the battle on December 16 but did not reach the front near Hollerath until December 19, when this soldier was wounded.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, Andor, and nice document, CWP!

Best,
        Greg
        sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
        www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X