Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo of Rudolf Hess original or...?

Hey everyone.

I want to hear views on the photo of Rudolf Hess. This is a private photo or stereo album And if from the stereo album, from what? 5,8x5,8 sm.

Regards, Lib13.

Av.

Rev.

Hi,
    I think the other man is Franz Felix Freiherr Pfeffer von Salomon.

tvonk

Comment

This is an Otto Schoenstein photo used in one of the RPT albums. i notice the rubber stamp of Shoenstein so perhaps original photo was ultimately used in the later published album? I know that such photos were taken with a special stereographic camera that produced 2 images that were slightly different so that the 3D effect would be seen. Perhaps this is half of the original dual image?

The picture appears in the Raumbildalbum Reichsparteitag der Arbeit, image 62.

Ramon
      Last edited by ramon; 12-11-2014, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Indeed an interesting photo! As Tvonk noted, the other person featured in this photo is Franz Pfeffer von Salomon, who was removed by Hitler as Oberster-SA-Führer (Supreme Commander of the SA) in September of 1930 for supporting the insurrections of SA-Obergruppenführer Walter Stennes in Berlin that year. Yet Pfeffer von Salomon did not lose his membership in the SA nor did he suffer in other ways when the NSDAP came to power in 1933. Pfeffer von Salomon served as District President of Wiesbaden, as an NSDAP Member of the Reichstag for South Hannover-Braunschweig (11/6/32-1942), and received the honorary rank of SA-Obergruppenführer in 1937.

In this photo we see Pfeffer von Salomon standing with the Deputy Führer, proudly wearing an early version of his SA Traditions Uniform...but he also wears the SA Dagger which did not come into service until late 1933, which places the event at which this photo was taken as in the mid-1930s.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X