Rolled the dice on eBay...General Scherer signed postcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolled the dice on eBay...General Scherer signed postcard

The photos aren't good or the signature is very weak. I feel once I have it in hand I'll know for sure. But after manipulating the signed region of the image in Photoshop, I feel real good about this piece when I compare it to other known signatures, of which I found mainly here on WAF. Quite nice matches and consistencies. Since he died in 1953, a somewhat rare signature. What I paid though makes it worth the risk either way. Opinions appreciated.

Joel
    Attached Files

An image posted to the forums by FrandandFrank..

Comment

A comparison with FredandFred signature.
      Attached Files

Comment

Another sig to compare to
        Attached Files
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thank you sir! I think once I have it in hand I can be sure, but from the very limited views here, it looks good in my humble opinion, and its on an original Hoffman postcard.

Best wishes,
          Joel

Comment

I got the postcard in the mail today. No doubt, a great match to other known signatures, nice even flow, no breaks, so I'll sleep well knowing this one is real. Would be nice if it were darker, but I'd rather have real and light than dark and fake any day. Got it for $29.00 on ebay. Anyone know of the going rate of a wartime Hoffman signed Scherer post card? Thank you!

Joel

Comment

The faintness of the signature definitely affects the value and there are lots of KC autographs sitting on dealer sites at the moment. But for less than $30 you have nothing to worry about.

Comment

I don't find his signature to be that rare, actually. He signed a lot of EK documents. It's what he signed that is rare - obviously anything Cholm related is rare and I just scored another EK2 doc to a KIA with GR. 277 at Velikiye Luki with his sig. That said, you scored big at $30. Nice job.

Comment

Thanks guys, since he died in 1953, his signature isn't as prolific as most. And I do like the fact its on an original HH postcard. Many thanks for the input.

Comment

lastly, I'd like to add the signature is quite a bit bolder in person.

Joel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X