Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID Help - SS Officer Photo Dachau

Hello,

I would like to share this rare picture I found lately here in Germany.

I would really like to know any names of the officers shown in this picture also where exactly was this photo taken.

I have found some info online but no names.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

No idea why the picture is flpped the wrong way!

Comment

Comment

The officer to the right of the plaque I have seen his face before - he seems to have fencing scars on his face...

Comment

The Officer with scars could be Erich Gatternig who later went on to serve as Abteilungsarzt AA1/LAH with Meyer.

Comment

This should be in the SS training area at Dachau. I can't be sure, because this building is no longer there, but it might have been taken at a building that was located here: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=48.27...num=1&t=h&z=17 . The surrounding buildings are still there, but this building unfortunately is not. I don't know for sure if this building had an open porch like that ... might not have been the right building after all.

I didn't see any buildings with open porches like that when I was walking around there earlier this year, but several of the period SS buildings are no longer there, so we can't compare.

Geoff

Comment

I am afraid I can't help with the names but as for location of your photo I believe it was taken outside the building to the far right of this group of hospital buildings in the Uebungslager as it had a portico with square columns.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the help!

Woudl be great now to find out who is who!

Comment

I would recommend that you try posting your photo on the Axis History forum. The members there are absolutely phenomenal when it comes to identifying SS personnel.

Comment

Thanks I will do that!

Thanks again everyone for helping me with the location!

Comment

It is impossible that it is Dr. Med. Erich Gatternig (SS-No. 20 241)

In May 1939 Gatternig joined Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 139 but after the Polish campaign he started a convalescent hospital in Sellin at the isle of Rügen. In 1940 he volunteered for the Waffen-SS and in August of that year he was assigned to the newly created Aufklärungsabteilung 'LSSAH' as one of the battalion doctors under fellow Austrian SS-Obersturmführer Von Kurz (SS-No. 297 418).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X