X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asking help to the GD fans!

Please check if they are ok ? thanks!
    Attached Files

the GD EK document has a feature like that, but the documents i posted have no that feature!
    Attached Files

Comment

GD award documents

Hello,

The signatures are ok for the time frame, but it is strange that both documents have the same stamp.
      Please show complete award documents.

Regards,
      Thierry.

Comment

I don't like that Lorenz signature and I don't think GD used OU on their docs. Lorenz was still an Oberst as of the date of this doc - that's not a dead giveaway as the document date could very well be related to older paperwork. That said, I think its a huge red flag when considered with the other issues.

Please show both citations in their entirety.

Comment

I believe that both citations are faked. The signatures look a little shaky. On top of that I have an EK citation signed by Lorenz on 18th October 1944, i.e. 13 days after the one shown here, and my one has his correct rank of Oberst as he wasn't promoted to Generalmajor until 1st November 1944, so why have an incorrect rank on a citation dated earlier?
          And while that stamp example was used by GD for a brief time it doesn't seem to fit the time frame as I have a Hoernlein signed example dated for a month earlier than the one shown and with a different stamp type and there is another different version on my Lorenz citation mentioned above.

But as mentioned, whole images should always be shown when asking for such things to help clarify other details.

EDIT: In addition, and I believe you have alluded to it already, above the signatures should be the unit name. I have around 10 different GD related EK citations and 2 KvK citations with signatures ranging from von Stockhausen to Lorenz via Hoernlein & Balck and all of them have the unit typed above the signature whether it be Inf.Rgt Grossdeutschland or Pz.Grenadier-Division Großdeutschland.
          Last edited by hucks216; 12-01-2014, 09:50 AM.

Comment

the grouping from Winkle....in the highlight section, documents with a uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by PanzerElite View Post
              looks good to me, a nice document ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by PanzerElite View Post
                you need to post full image of the documents though

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                X