griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ritterkreuzträger Oakleaves at a destroyed Stug!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ritterkreuzträger Oakleaves at a destroyed Stug!!

Fellow collectors,

This just came in the mail. I bought it as a soldier with an EK2 but to my amazement the soldier was wearing a Knightscross with oakleaves!

Is there anyone who is able to determine who this soldier is?

Much appreciated,

Best regards,

Mats
    Attached Files

-
    Attached Files

Comment

Great photo, who said the Germans have no sense of humor.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hello Mats.

It is not a real Knights Cross, it could be a joke of some kind as Simon refers to.

Great photo.

Chris.

Comment

cross

Goering's Grand Cross looks small by comparison....could have been awarded for the literal single-handed destruction of an enemy tank--no weapons, just one hand. In the USA we'd call him Chuck Norris.

Comment

That's amazing thanks guys

Best regards,

Mats

Comment

I notice that the soutache on his cap is dark, perhaps artillery red or pionier black.
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Greetings Mats,

A very interesting photograph. I'm wondering if the Obergefeiter was a member of the crew of the destroyed StuG III Auf. C/D in the background. Perhaps they held off the enemy while their StuG was being shot up. At first it looks like they may have rolled over a anti-tank mine, but the whole rear engine deck is sitting on the ground behind him which would suggest that they were shot up. It was not uncommon for field-made awards to be presented until the real award arrived. Just my thoughts.

Horrido!

Patrick

Comment

Cannot seem to find who the manufacturer was of this particular Ritterkreuz. Must be very rare variation.

Comment

Such KCs, made onboard U-boats, are not so rarely seen on U-boat commanders.

They were making them when they received the note/order about the KC being awarded, but they couldn't get a real piece.

Something like this could be the case here, also.

Comment

How many soldier's with this rank were awarded the KC & OL ?

Comment

None, the lowest ranked EL holders at the time of their awards were 3 unteroffizier

Comment

Army guys weren't the only ones
                          Attached Files

Comment

A better scan of the photo--

Sorry for the dumb title
                            Attached Files

Comment

Obviously a joke photo with a destroyed tank done sometime ago as background
                              Originally posted by M3A1Mats View Post
                              A better scan of the photo--

Sorry for the dumb title

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X