Jager NCO Bloused Pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jager NCO Bloused Pants

I believe that the NCO should be wearing , the Ski Jager insignia as he's wearing ski boots.

Peter.
    Attached Files

Nice foto. Brian

Comment

The independent jäger battalions were ski troops and i can see this photo being from one of those, also some regular grenadier regiments included a jäger battalion who were also ski trained, III./Gren.Rgt.341 being an example.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Jager NCO Bloused Pants

Thank you Simon

Peter

Comment

Servus Peter,

Great Jäger portrait! Looks like a standard Oberjäger from a Jäger Division. I don't think he's wearing ski boots, but regular Schnurschuhe. Ski boots usually have a longer squared off front sole that extends pass the toe of the boot.

To the best of my knowledge, the Skijäger sleeve patch was never issued...only the metal cap badge which was the oak leaf with a ski. Most photos of the 1. Skijäger division show the Gebirgsjäger sleeve Edelweiss being worn and most of them were issued field gray assault gun wrap tunics.

Ski Heil und Horrido!

Patrick

Comment

boots

They don't look like the low-toe "shark nose" of regular boots to me. The higher square toe look is evident on his right boot pointed directly at the observer.

Comment

Perhaps they are mountain boots without any nails...just don't look like ski boots IMHO.

Comment

Could be private purchse. Brian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X