Albert bormann signed document...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Albert bormann signed document...

The recent auction of one of Hitlers watercolors and the note by Albert Bormann, inspired me to re-post this item, which I got from an estate picker a number of years ago along w/ a few other items. This is an early, (circa January, 1933), letter sent by Albert Bormann, from the then-chancellery in Munich, to the Nordic / German Wagnerian society, thanking them for sending Herr Hitler a memorial copy of the Song of the Nibelungen, and informing them that Herr Hitler would like to thank them in person, but beseeches them to be patient as he "is currently on the road". In comparing this autograph to other known examples, I'm about certain that it IS in fact, Bormann's, (even though it was misidentified by someone in pencil at the bottom left as having been signed by "Martin Bormann"). My question regards the value of his autograph in general, knowing (or assuming, at least), full well that the format in which it appears must also be factored in. Here's a quick shot of the actual document below, and thanks in advance for any feedback on this one.
    Attached Files

Hi Milton,

I agree with you that this document was written and signed by Albert Bormann. It is a historically significant piece written just three weeks prior to Hitler's being appointed Chancellor by President von Hindenburg. (I have a similar piece in my collection, on the same letterhead stationery from Hitler's Private Office at the Brown House in Munich, though my document was dated in mid-February of 1933.) At this time Albert Bormann was a member of the staff of Philipp Bouhler, who headed the AH Kanzlei in Munich. Albert Bormann handled much of Hitler's private correspondence during this period of transition.

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X