IAB Document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IAB Document

Can someone help me with this document? It came with a Luftwaffe grouping for a Flak guy.

What is 1./Marschbataillon Fla. 5?

It came with the badge as well. But I need help on this unit.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Heuer; 12-10-2004, 11:09 AM.

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

What's the fp number on the stamp?
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Simon,

Unfortunately, impossible to make it out ...

Mike

Comment

Ok, i've figured it out. With a bit of help from photoshop the number is 00209. That makes it Kommando 3 Gebirgs Division, the sig is then that of the divisional IA Oberst Michael.
          As for the unit, i guess it was one of those temporary adhoc marschbatallion thrown together and put under the command of the 3 GD at the time
          Last edited by Simon O.; 12-12-2004, 09:32 AM.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Numbers

Simon,

Yes, I do have the document. But it is barely legible. It might be "00199" but the last three digits really are hard to see.

But my original question had to do with this unit. What was it, as I am not familiar with these abbreviations? What is a "Marschbataillon"? And "Fla 5"?

Many thanks for any help.

Mike

Comment

see above..

Comment

Thanks

Simon,

Many thanks. Very interesting and helpful.

Here is the man's IAB.

Mike
                Attached Files

Comment

Reverse

Reverse ...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X