Your View(s) On This ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your View(s) On This ???

This period image appears on a semi-regular basis on various sellers sites (Red Flag !! Red Flag !! ) - a somewhat bored and uninterested looking Wehrmacht NCO (with MP 40) calmly turning his back on the Soviet 'battle action' in the background.

It would be interesting to read your view(s) of exactly what is happening here - training, propaganda or ????

"Hundestaffel"
    Attached Files

Might be some staff officer's car that was hastily repaired with bailing wire & chewing gum, in the hopes it would last a while longer. It didn't. The NCO is thinking "Saw that one coming....."

That's one scenario....

Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

He's on the naughty step for five minutes and isn't allowed to join in the battle.

Comment

Originally posted by chrischa View Post
        He's on the naughty step for five minutes and isn't allowed to join in the battle.

Comment

My best guess is that a propaganda unit is getting ready to photograph or film a staged, faked battle scene. This man is not needed yet, as the setting up is still going on. The still photographer took a photograph of the "actor" waiting on the edge of the set.

I've seen plenty of Waffen-SS war reporter photos that involve showing the preparation for the actual moment that will be shown to the public.
          Last edited by MarcRikmenspoel; 11-16-2014, 12:01 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by MarcRikmenspoel View Post
            My best guess is that a propaganda unit is getting ready to photograph or film a staged, faked battle scene. This man is not needed yet, as the setting up is still going on. The still photographer took a photograph of the "actor" waiting on the edge of the set.

I've seen plenty of Waffen-SS war reporter photos that involve showing the preparation for the actual moment that will be shown to the public.
            Agreed this is a very likely scenario however I do like Hanks "Bailing wire and chewing gum" theory... lol

Kev

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X