Maxx Show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maxx Show?

I am planning to go to the Maxx show next Friday , and was curious if they will have paper items? I have watched the videos on The Maxx site , and it appears this should be called the Dagger show, as everything they showed was either daggers or uniforms... I don't want to drive 3 hours if its just weapons and Uni's Thanks!!!

I will be there, sharing a table with a friend. I will have my book for sale and a bunch of great document groups available for purchase.

Comment

Mostly what I collect are postcards, photos ,books, and was hoping I will find dealers with these pieces... but like I said in my previous post they never show any paper items in the video , so if its the dagger show I will stay home

Comment

The promoters are dagger guys. So, when Whittman goes around in the video, that is what he concentrates on. It's what he knows; if you listen to the commentary about other collectibles you can see that his knowledge is limited. The videos have always been like this... even in the 1980s video cassettes they used to sell.

I will have a few nice portrait postcards to sell as well. And, I'm guessing other paper dealers like Patton and Rick White will be there too, among others.

Comment

Well Brian , it looks like I am going then Hopefully I can find the right propaganda for my collection...

Comment

How I wish I were going! For me, it's the conversation with other collectors that is the main attraction. Spending time tipping a glass with other dedicated collectors is an experience that is impossible to achieve anywhere else.

The lectures are also a great attraction; again, where else can you get such expertise in one place?!

To all who ARE going to the MAXX this year, you have my envy and my very best wishes for a wonderful experience!

Br. James

Comment

I always manage to pick up a couple of new postcards or studio photo's every year.
              You just have to take time and look for them, as the high priced items get the prime table space.

Comment

I think Patton and Rick White will be there, and there will be a smattering of other items spread out among the other dealers.

Comment

I just started collecting 2 years ago , and have only been to one show here in Ohio, and I thought it was awful, so hopefully this show will produce something for me.... I was told the best show for paper items is the show of shows in Louisville, can anyone confirm this?

Comment

Yes, the SOS in Louisville is a good venue for paper. I collect color photograph postcards and magazines, amoung other things, and have had good luck there.

As always, it's the luck of the draw as to what you will come home with.

Comment

I'm going this year as I couldn't make it last year. I look for photos and focus on W-SS panzer officers,
                      i've never found any at this show, and I've gone most years but you never know. It s still worth the trip as seeing the traveling museums and everything else is a thrill for me. And meeting friends and making new ones can't be beat because this also can lead to some future buys! Thats half the battle in finding new stuff, getting your name and interests out there. So if anyone that is going has what I'm looking for please feel free to contact me!!!! Good luck at the show and have a safe trip everyone!
                      Tim

Comment

The Max Show is very time good !

Comment

Originally posted by stroh View Post
                          Yes, the SOS in Louisville is a good venue for paper. I collect color photograph postcards and magazines, amoung other things, and have had good luck there.

As always, it's the luck of the draw as to what you will come home with.
                          Since I am close to Louisville, I think I will go... I can't believe the heart of Militaria collecting is in the Midwest. Quite shocking!!! I'm 200 miles from Louisville and 150 miles from Pittsburgh... Guess I am a lucky guy...

Comment

Yes, you are "a lucky boy," Mac...though from my point of view, I don't think of Pittsburgh as "Midwest!" I was born just south of The Confluence of the Three Rivers and have always thought of Pittsburgh as an Eastern city, even while living in NYC.

Enjoy the show, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                              Yes, you are "a lucky boy," Mac...though from my point of view, I don't think of Pittsburgh as "Midwest!" I was born just south of The Confluence of the Three Rivers and have always thought of Pittsburgh as an Eastern city, even while living in NYC.

Enjoy the show, my friend,

Br. James

Pitt could def be part of the East coast, but most of my family is from Harrisburg so thats pretty much where I think the East coast starts... Im in Columbus so anything that can be driven to in 2 hours or less is my Midwest I'm happy as hell to be a Steelers fan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X