Wilhelm Gustloff Original Program from the flea market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilhelm Gustloff Original Program from the flea market

picked this up today, but had to have a friend tell me which ship it was from!
    Attached Files

uuu

uuu
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Nice programme!
      I have seven or eight of these from various KdF steamers, but have never come across one from the Gustloff.
      Good artwork, (not seen this particular training ship before) and due to the fate of the Gustloff, this may command a higher price on the market - although these should not be rarer than similar items from other ships.

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

Here is a postcard of the liner K.d.F Schiff "Wilhelm Gustloff" This was in a Wilhelm Gustloff photo album I have that has the liner returning from Spain with Legion Condor troops and later the Legion Condor in Italy. The Gustloff was sunk by a Soviet submarine on 30 January 1945 with approximately 9,400 Civilians and Military personnel aboard.

The sailing ship shown on the program/menu is the Gorch Fock which was a Kriegsmarine training ship that was scuttled on 1 May 1945
        Attached Files
        Last edited by W Petz; 09-22-2014, 10:28 AM.

Comment

I had one of these about ten years ago but sold it. What a contrast!! Strength through Joy in 1939 to the horrible fate of that ship in 1945.
          Last edited by Brian R; 09-22-2014, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by feldpost 58 View Post
            I have seven or eight of these from various KdF steamers, but have never come across one from the Gustloff.
            Good artwork, (not seen this particular training ship before) and due to the fate of the Gustloff, this may command a higher price on the market - although these should not be rarer than similar items from other ships.
            Correct, These are not rarer, and not more collectible than the other ones. Had had some in the past, hard to sell

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the positive comments on the paper. Thanks for your time!

Comment

Here's another one of the Gustloff menus, with an actual KDF ship pictured on the cover. They had several cover designs for these menus, and this design is one of my favorites
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Lovely menu, with striking artwork
                  Does anyone know of a book or website which gives details of the history, names and voyages of the KdF ships?
                  Would love to have more information on this quite obscure subject!

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

Never ran across one, nice item nole

Here is a gallery from a Gustloff collection

http://www.wilhelmgustloff.com/gallery_speisekarten.htm
                    Iam Uncle Sam
                    That’s who Iam
                    Been hiding out
                    In a rock and roll band

Comment

thanks

thanks for all the help!Munter i see you moved from your truck to a van?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X