Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soldbuch Volkssturm 1945

Hi guys,

I'm considering acquiring this Soldbuch.
    When looking at it carefully, a couple of concerns came out and I would really appreciate to have your opinion on them:

- On the page 4 (the one with the name - picture 1): it seems that different inks have been used for the upper part informations and the Wehrnummer (the fading is different)

- On the page 5 and 6 (the double page with the stamp - pictures 3, 4 and 5): the other informations show a proper fading, consistent with a 70 years old item but another ink has been used for the date and place of birth, for the job (Beruf) and for the unit name.

1) This ink didn't fade and "looks new"
    2) Since all these information were supposed to be filled at the same time when issuing the Soldbuch, I don't really see why 2 different would have been used.

I checked some other Soldbuch and I didn't find any with such a "non-faded blue ink". They were all more or less faded.

At the end of the day, I'm no document expert so I would like your opinions on this. Can it be that the Soldbuch has been "recently completed"? Or do you know of other Soldbuch identified as authentic and showing these characteristics ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help

Best,

Max

This Soldbuch came from Ralle84 on this forum, Im sure he will be happy to
    give some info on the book

Comment

Check this one out... It also has 2 different types of handwriting:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=volkssturm

Comment

Hi,

I believe that this Volkssturm Soldbuch has been completed by the recipient of the book and the person who has actually issued it.
        As with Wehrmacht Soldbuch, certain parts are completed by the owner of the book; others by the issuing authority to ensure the validity of the information held within the book.
        Like your example, no photograph!
        The one I have had a picture in, but it had been removed; presumably by the owner where as your example has never had a photo in it - most do not at this stage in the war.

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

Very nice Volksturm Soldbuch, all entries are legit and 100% authentic

Comment

Originally posted by naxos View Post
            Very nice Volksturm Soldbuch, all entries are legit and 100% authentic
            agree look to me good as well.

Comment

Per regulations, neither the Soldbuch nor the Wehrpass were to have entries made by the owners, with the exception of his signature. Now, not all rules are followed but there were penalties for anyone but military authorities filling these out. I'm sure the Volksturm wasn't as worried about this matter.
              Jeff

Comment

I think Feldpost 58 has a good point !!

The parts of the Soldbuch that has to do with the big Picture, like home Gau and such have been done by partyofficials/Heerofficers and the more private entries has been done by the Volkssturmer himself !!

Comment

The book is good, came as part of a horde find of all the company's books, I have 2 from the hoard and in hand they are superb.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X