Hi , Who know this picture is years ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi , Who know this picture is years ???

Hi i want to ask / who know this picture is years ??? 19..s ??? tell me please sir / thank you very much

THIS PICTURE IS YEARS ??? 19..S ???

Best Regards

Well, this is an interesting question. I think it can be said for certain that this photo was taken no earlier than 1936, given the presence of the SS M-36 Cap Eagle and the SS M-36 Chained Officer's Dagger. But how late it could have been taken is tougher to establish, at least for me. The major identifiable character in this photo is Joachim von Ribbentrop and we see him wearing the Black SS Uniform bearing the rank of SS-Gruppenführer and with the SS Degen, which he was awarded in 1936. Ribbentrop was promoted to SS-Gruppenführer on 13.9.36 and his next promotion was to the rank of SS-Obergruppenführer on 20.4.40. The Black SS Uniform was succeeded by the so-called Field Grey SS Uniform in 1938 as Service Dress for all members of the General SS, which included Ribbentrop, but the Black Uniform was still in use up to at least the 1938 Reichsparteitag in early September of that year. So, from these facts, I can only say that this photo was taken sometime between September of 1936 and April of 1940, though probably no later than the end of the year of 1938.

I hope these thoughts are helpful to you. Cheers and happy collecting,

Br. James

Comment

In my opinion the photograph is anyway dated later then May 1938.

With the date of May 10, 1938 with the Himmler-order ZK./AzB 44 a/30.3.38 and with the entry of April 20, 1938 the SS brocade was introduced, to be worn along with the sword (as worn by von Ribbentrop). With the date May 15, 1938 the brocade was available through the Verwaltungsamt-SS.
      The brocade was simultaneously to be worn with the parade-aiguillette.

With an order from May 1, 1939 (P2/Fli./Ba) from the Chef des Rasse- und Sieldungs-Hauptamtes the black Service Dress was newly arranged. Number 18 from the 4 page letter mentions the use of the SS brocade, by whom and when to be worn. So, black was anyway worn until the start of the war.
      I have seen this photograph published in a book with date, but I cannot remember anymore where it was!
      Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 09-04-2014, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much sir br.james and sir wilhelm saris good knowledge / good job

Best Regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X