Looking for photo of AH's wine cellar at Berchtesgaden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for photo of AH's wine cellar at Berchtesgaden

A friend of mine recently acquired some items from an American vet who had been at AH's residence in Berchtesgaden in 1945. One of the items my friend purchased from this vet is a piece of wood paneling that the vet get said he tore off the wall in the wine cellar.
    My friend would very much like to know if anyone has a photo of the interior of that wine cellar that shows some of the paneling. If so, could you please post it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Never seen a photo of the wine cellar - the Berghof exterior was photographed extensively.

The chances are slim given the rarity of pictures taken inside the Berghof.

I know as I also own items from inside and outside the former residence, luckily some of my items have Berghof wrote on it or I have found photos of the item at the Berghof during the war, this goes for my Swastica which was caught in a good few pictures.

Comment

Hi Fredswiss,

I am not aware that there was a wine cellar at the Berghof; I don't recall reading of it in the extensive literature that's been published since 1945. That being said, there certainly was a large wine and spirits cellar at Göring Hugel, located across the street from the Berghof, and that building was often mistaken for Hitler's residence by soldiers with cameras passing through the Obersalzberg Administration. It seems possible that your friend's artifact may have come from Göring's house and not from Hitler's.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X