Attached Files

Comment

May11 - LWFD 2cm Flak Crew - 5
        Attached Files

Comment

May11 - LWFD 2cm Flak Crew - 6
          Attached Files

Comment

7th Panzerjager kompany Hermann Goring Division! 1943 (written on back)... Do you think they meant 7th panzer grenadier kompanu HGD?
            Bill, do you know any links or any way of finding any info on this HG LWFD?? I cant find too much info for some reason. Thanks for any help
            Attached Files
            Last edited by 12thPanzer; 06-04-2011, 01:44 PM.

Comment

supposedly Goring LWFD, but I cant see the tabs too well. They look light enough in color, so I will take the sellers word for it
              Attached Files

Comment

LWFD- camo ponchos-helmets
                (almost looks like a Panzer track the luft man to the right has)
                Attached Files

Comment

Bill

I think he ia holding some mg ammo drums. Nice picture

Regards

Erwin

Comment

Bill T,

In all my references there is no mention of any 7th Kompanie in either Jaeger or Panzergrenadier HG.

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
                    7th Panzerjager kompany Hermann Goring Division! 1943 (written on back)... Do you think they meant 7th panzer grenadier kompanu HGD?
                    Bill, do you know any links or any way of finding any info on this HG LWFD?? I cant find too much info for some reason. Thanks for any help

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                      Bill T,

In all my references there is no mention of any 7th Kompanie in either Jaeger or Panzergrenadier HG.
                      Thanks for looking Bill. I'm having trouble with this one. Here is the reverse of the photo. Im starting to think that the caption is wrong, or maybe even written postwar. Like you, I havent been able to find anything
                      Attached Files

Comment

Some new LWFD photos. Some are Flak LWFD
                        Attached Files

Comment

LWFD -
                          Top One: Prague bar, EK1, LuftGAB, WBB
                          Bottom: Bill, what type of tabs do you think those are? If not HG, they almost look yellow?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Bill T,

It's tricky sometimes on the colors of Tabs..some appear to be flak when they are actually Flight. I believe some of those you posted are flight. They could be flight personnel or late war fallschirmjaeger...not all FJ had jump badges. Another thing you mention quite frequently is HG LWFD...no such thing. Either they were General Goring (early) or Hermann Goring Panzer then later Fallschirm Panzer. LWFD's were separately formed Divisions.

Bill P

Jul11 - A highly decorated LW General or Oberst possibly assigned to the Air Ministry.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                              Bill T,

It's tricky sometimes on the colors of Tabs..some appear to be flak when they are actually Flight. I believe some of those you posted are flight. They could be flight personnel or late war fallschirmjaeger...not all FJ had jump badges. Another thing you mention quite frequently is HG LWFD...no such thing. Either they were General Goring (early) or Hermann Goring Panzer then later Fallschirm Panzer. LWFD's were separately formed Divisions.

Bill P

Jul11 - A highly decorated LW General or Oberst possibly assigned to the Air Ministry.
                              Gotcha Bill. I do know the basics of the Goring divisions...but I guess I always thought some of my photos to be HG ground troops. But obviously that doesnt make sense. I still have alot to learn. So, they are most likely just regular General Goring troops then, correct? I really do appreciate you taking the time to explain that to me too, as I am alot more comfortable with Luftwaffe Field Divisions, But I am very eager to learn about the HG Divisions more thoroughly too.
                              So, the photo with the camo- luftwaffe troops that we couldnt find info about....could they possibly be Goring Fallschirm-Panzerjager troops or similar? Again, I honestly do appreciate your help too Bill. Oh, and I agree about the photo I just posted too....the tabs must be a yellow color for flight personnel or late FJ.
                              Last edited by 12thPanzer; 07-11-2011, 04:44 PM.

Comment

The photo of the Oberst in #459 is wearing a Bulgarian Order of Military Merit 3rd Class around his neck.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X