Gielsmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help ID'ing SS officer cufftitle in wedding photo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help ID'ing SS officer cufftitle in wedding photo?

I had received some help in another thread about this cufftitle but now am posting here for more assistance.

any assistance in identifying the medals or anything else about this photo is appreciated. I would like to try to figure out this officer's identity if possible.

thanks!

You can see a good photo of the detail on his rings in this thread - looks like the HR is clearly visible and possibly a standing lion or bear on his pinky ring. Looks like an Eickhorn squirrel a little bit?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...51#post6528151
    Attached Files

what awards are these?

medal bar
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks to Jmondo I've learned that the highest medal is the Honor Cross of WW1 (AKA Hindenburg Cross) or Frontkämpferkreuz which shows a laurel wreath encircling a medallion, with the dates "1914 1918" with crossed swords in-between the arms to indicate combat service.

Comment

cap and buckle insignia

cap & buckle
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Capt. R; 07-29-2014, 09:56 PM.

Comment

cufftitle SS-Sammelstelle

again thanks to the knowledge of Jmondo, I see a reference online that says it refers to an assembly camp for ss escapees from Austria after the coup attempt on the Austrian chancellery in 1934.
          Attached Files

Comment

You will recieve better assistance in the SS forum.

Chet
            Zinc stinks!

Comment

OK, thanks, I just posted a link there.

Comment

could this be the same guy?

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Freyberg

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=648893

Comment

Middle medal is the Austrian Kaiser Karl Cross WW1 Medal 1914-1918
                  Viewers right medal could be the WW1 Austrian Tapferkeit medal (bravery)

Comment

Can anyone who has the Dienstalterliste (SS-DAL) locate the Identity of this man by matching these WW1 awards to a name? Is this possible?

My friend Geoff theorized a possibility that he served in the German Army, but alongside Austrian forces and was awarded the Austrian medals by Austrian superiors. Another possibility is that the guy in the photo served in the Austrian Army, but he may have performed functions in Austria or with some Austrian connection as the cufftitle suggests and may even possibly be Austrian born, with Service in the Austro-Hungarian Army in WW1 with Austrian combat decorations;

Can someone please see if a man with Austrian WW1 decorations and early party membership is listed in the DAL, as well as being awarded:

1914-1918 Cross of Honor
                    WW1 Austrian Kaiser Karl Cross Wound Medal
                    WW1 Austrian Tapferkeit Medal for Bravery

and the Honor Ring;
                    Alte Kampfer winkel award;
                    Gold Party Pin award;
                    SA/SS service in the 1920’s with SA Sports Badge award

I would be very pleased if I could ID this officer. Thanks

Comment

The 3rd medal is definitly not a medal for bravery! It is the ww1 medal for wounds. The stripes on the ribbon show how often he got woundet (1-5) or none for disabled.
                      The middle medal is called Karl-Truppen-Kreuz (Karl troops cross).

steyrer

Comment

He looks like SS-Standartenführer Alexander von Woedtke.
                        Michal

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X