Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Award document SS-Polizei-Schützen-Rgt. 1

Hello gentlemen,

My first SS-related award document is a fact and I present this example here in a quick photoshot to read opinions regarding originality. I cannot find any red flags and I hope one can confirm originality.

The unit became part of the SS in April 1941 and was send to Russia in mid 1941. They were involved in the fightings near and in the cities of Luga and Sapolje in August 1941 and Krasnogvardeysk (Leningrad) in September 1941. Mid October the division received around 3000 men reserve due to heavy losses in these battles. My belief is this document is related to one of these battles. The signature should be from the regimental commander Oberstleutnant d. Polizei Otto Gieseke.

One thing I really would like to find an anwer to is the comment in the lower left corner. This is actually the second time I see such a comment on an award document. In my opinion it reads: 'kein hbg'. Who can shed a light on this abbreviation, please? I have seen abbreviation HBG for 'Hamburg' or 'Hessisches Beamtengesetz', but I cannot link to this document or the unit. I look forward to any and all replies.

Best regards,
    Laurens
    Attached Files

Award document...
    Attached Files

Comment

It looks like kein Abz. Kein Abzeichen. No Badge

Perhaps they didn't have any badges in stores to award at that time?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X