SandeBoetik

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An amazing 3rd Reich 'tooled leather' document folder. Any thoughts as to its origin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An amazing 3rd Reich 'tooled leather' document folder. Any thoughts as to its origin?

Hi everyone,

For years I have had this tucked away as one of my absolute favorite 3rd Reich items in my collection, but, I really don't know it's origin and use during the 3rd Reich.
    To me it is stunning, with it's 'Reichs Adler' cover. It is in a large format size measuring (when closed) approximately 11 1/2 x 14 1/2 inches!
    Was this maybe used in a Gau Leiter's office, regular NSDAP district office, Berlin, the Reichs Chancellery itself.....I have no idea? What do you guys think?
    How rare is it? This is another item that I just don't see very often.

I thought that I would post this in both the 'paper' and 'political' forums to cover all the experience & wisdom out there, as this would pertain to both forum topics.

Thanks in advance!
    John
    Attached Files
    Last edited by johninhb; 07-27-2014, 07:04 PM.

Opened folder.....
    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse side is even super nice!
      Attached Files

Comment

Good quality for sure ...

Comment

Very nice indeed. Perhaps the cover for a guest book?
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks! It is amazing quality, and beautifully done. That's what really caught my eye.

I hadn't thought about maybe being a guestbook cover. It could have been, as it looks like it could hold a fair amount of volume. Another possibility.....thanks!

Comment

Don't know what it is but I like it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X