Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEPP DIETRICH: Request for photo material for new biography

Gentlemen-

During the past few months I have been able to make considerable advances with the new book on Sepp Dietrich.

Besides new facts and valuable contributions from his former staff members, I am proud to mention that the three top leading worldwide “LAH” collections/archives have all contributed with previously unpublished material, partly directly from the Dietrich estate.

I will continue to accept new photographic material until July 31st and will then stop doing so to finish the photo/captions part for good. So this is your chance to get your “Sepp”-photo published in what will surely be the new reference book on Diamonds winner and Oberst-Gruppenführer Dietrich!

Emphasis for all photos is still on material from the pre-war and later war years (1943-45).

Last, not least, I am looking for high quality portrait photos of:

Heinz Guderian
    Erwin Rommel
    Gerd von Rundstedt
    Hermann Weiser
    Fritz Kraemer
    Max Wünsche
    Hermann Priess

All contributions will be credited with full name under each photo and in acknowledgements, if desired.

Thanks in advance!

Markus
    Attached Files

I have nothing to contribute but wish you the best on this project Markus! I for one hope layout and all go very smooth and it is released soon, any idea when we may see it? who is publishing it?
    I am glad you are doing what I suspect will be end all bio on Sepp, can't think of a better person to tackle this much needed biography!

Best of Luck Markus!

Kevin

Comment

Thanks a lot to a couple of members who supplied additional photo material, contributing to a high quality end-product for the community.

I would like to state here once more, that writing such a book pays a fraction (!) of a U.S. Dollar / sold copy. For me as an author it is a disaster economically speaking. Therefore, unfortunately, there's no expense account to pay scans/fees from or anything else. -

This kind of project lives from the GOOD WILL & GENEROSITY of it's contributors.

This is why it's beautiful to see that the really top LAH collections have sent me their unpublished photo material, when some narrow-minded individuals believe their photos could devaluate after a publication. - Quite the opposite is the case and it shows once more that the ones who really "have" could not care less about "values." They are gentlemen and see the big picture.

At this point I do not work firm with a publisher yet, in order to work freely and without any time pressure. The book, the material presented therein, is a bit of a no-brainer for publishers, so once it's ready, the one publisher who presents the most welcoming layout/concept, get's the business.

Publishing date? I think 2016 is definitely viable.

Last not least, I have one more portrait photo request, if anybody wants/can help:

General der Panzertruppe HEINRICH EBERBACH.

Thanks in advance and kind rgds,

Markus

Comment

A nice portrait photo of General der Panzertruppe Heinrich Eberbach has now been received.

Thanks for the generous contributor!

Cheers,
        Markus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X