Estand: last ss postcard from RK,very desperate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estand: last ss postcard from RK,very desperate

Hi folks I have some concerns in regards to this card. I find it hard to believe that it was mailed from Berlin to Hannover on April 15, 1945.
    <O</O
    The card was mailed by feldpost service so there should not be any postal charges unless the item is register or something.
    The circular postal cancel seems to be posted on the stamp itself and does not show on the card.
    The circular seal is not clear and faint seems suspicious.
    It was mailed to Hannover. The US 84<SUP>th</SUP> Infantry Division captured the city on 10 April 1945.
    There are no stamped censor markings at all especially when the sender is describing the desperate situations in Berlin.
    Only special emergency couriers where on duty to deliver mail in early April 1945.
    <O</O
    Below describes the difficulty of delivering mail by transport in 1945:
    <O</O
    Great Britain and the U.S. instituted a concerted strategic air bombardment campaign against the German railway system in September 1944. During December 1944 and January 1945 bombing seriously impacted rail service. Therefore, large numbers of trains had to be canceled on January 19, 1945. Only coal, the most important Wehrmacht shipments and a few courier trains remained. The reichspost responded immediately by reducing the scope of postal service on January 30, 1945.
    On a radio transmission, dating from February 27, 1945, describe the problem. “….the mere journey of a letter can be compared with an obstacle course.
    A radio broadcast of April 4, 1945, noted that: “dependence of the postal services on the railway accounts for a good deal of the difficulties being experienced in moving mail. Thus, the overwhelming challenge facing the Reichspost in early 1945 was transferring mail form one locality to another rather than moving mail within a locality. Source GPS , April 2012, Volume 63, no.4.

That is just my opinion.

Rene Chavez
    www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

<O></O>

I share your concerns. The use of the stamp is something I could not explain- but I am not a postal expert.

Comment

im welcoming the outcome,rene told me his concerns and i was happy for the thread to be posted,im happy whatever the outcome.

Comment

Rene has raised some valid issues. I'm not an expert in this field. I've seen this very card before, but I can't remember where ??? Has anyone else seen it before ? Tom

Comment

i got on german ebay, roberto is a very fine seller,ve been to the safe and under my magnifient glass can see the stamp mark is exact in the stamp,and the top goes out a little but the ink isnt on the card,mmmmm, also the lower stamp is faint but reads der reichkanzelrei fuhrer,,,cant read the rest,im very intrigued

Comment

Phil would you be willing to post pictures of your card here in this thread?

Comment

OFCOURSE CHRIS,NO PROBS AT ALL,IM WANTNG TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS TOO

Comment

Originally posted by PHILBROWN View Post
                OFCOURSE CHRIS,NO PROBS AT ALL,IM WANTNG TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS TOO
                Thanks, that sure will help Tom

Comment

id just like to thank rene for bringing this card to my attention,if it wasnt for the himmler love note,i would of never sold it,it would of remained one of the prides of my small collection,id like to know if its all fake,or just the stamp, im happy for all replies and im not easily offended because disscussion is healthy,many thanks for all replies ,,,,,,,and my appoligies for the potential selling of an iffy item

Comment

Hi Phil no need to thank me and I'm sorry that this questionable item is a made up it has too many factors that just don't add up.

Rene Chavez
                    www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X