Context of this photo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Context of this photo?

I'm wondering if Göring is awarding Hitler or is it the other way around?

A present or gift of some kind? Year?
    Attached Files

A gift to Göring i'd say. I wouldn't be surprised if someone here knows all the details.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
      A gift to Göring i'd say. I wouldn't be surprised if someone here knows all the details.
      Thanks for the reply Simon!

I'm curious about that gift, some sort of chain or collar?

Comment

It looks like a watch fob ??? Tom

Comment

I agree that Göring is on the receiving end of this gift or award from Hitler, and my guess is that the occasion is Göring's marriage to Emmy Sonnemann in April 1935. Hitler may be presenting Göring with a wedding gift in this photo.

Göring appears to be wearing the uniform of a Luftwaffe general -- the rank he held from March 1935 when Hitler announced the creation of the new German Air Force and of Göring's place at its head, up to his promotion to General Field Marshal in March 1938. Hitler is wearing the style of uniform he wore from before the Munich Conference in March 1938 and throughout the series of 'bloodless conquests;' he is not wearing the uniform he took up at the beginning of WWII.

Hope these thoughts are helpful. I do enjoy such candid-appearing photos!

Br. James

Comment

according to BA, The pic was taken in 22nd may 1939, but i dont know what ceremony is this

Comment

First you give the gift and say congrats and then you shake hands, so it is a gift to Göring.

/peter

Comment

Could this picture in post 1 also be made on Görings 45th (1938) Birthday party?
                I found a picture on the net where he also gets a painting from Hitler.
                On both pictures you see the same flowers.
                Maybe I'm totally wrong…..
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Remco View Post
                  Could this picture in post 1 also be made on Görings 45th (1938) Birthday party?
                  I found a picture on the net where he also gets a painting from Hitler.
                  On both pictures you see the same flowers.
                  Maybe I'm totally wrong…..
                  I think you are correct !!!!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X